We are currently looking for a Gas/Oil installation engineer on a Employed PAYE basis. Our work is all private and mainly domestic work and we have worked on projects at Windsor Castle through to Aston Martin F1 team.
We also have a very close relationship with Worcester Bosch. Our core business is fitting boilers, heating systems, Air conditioning, bathrooms and gas fires for private domestic customers to a very high standard.
- We are looking for someone who is able to fit, commission and test heating & hot water systems to a high standard, also part of the job involves small plumbing jobs
- The main work would be fitting boilers or full heating systems.
- We are a Worcester accredited installer and mainly only fit Worcester boilers.
- We would also like the engineer to have good communication skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- Gas safe Registered is a must. Having OFTEC and LPG is desirable but not essential.
- Working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
- Overtime and weekends are an option.
- We will supply a new, sign written van with all the main power tools and equipment, iPhone for work communications, fuel card and uniform.
- Holidays are 28 days per year including bank holidays.
- The work for this role will mainly be based within 30 miles of Rugby
- You must have a NVQ or have been on a recognised apprentice route and you must have a minimum of 5 years independent installation experience of fitting gas/oil boilers and systems before applying for this role.
- Pay is fully negotiable
We are a business that works proactively when it comes to employment and always pays someone what they are worth regardless of how long they have been here. We truly feel that if we pay someone their worth and look after that person they will become a loyal and satisfied person and it’ll show in their work.
We have a great team in place to offer “on the tools” support with our installation manager and service & operations director bringing a high level of support when needed on site. We also have a full time delivery driver so waiting for parts to arrive on site is minimal.
We also invest heavily in training, we want all of our engineers to hold the core gas, LPG, OFTEC, unvented and so on, as you’ll see from a search on us on the Gas Safe website you’ll see most engineers have LPG etc. We attend many manufacturers courses and can upskill a new employee with any additional qualifications including Air conditioning and renewable qualifications if needed. Our training scheme normally starts 12 months after starting the job.
Being a family business we hope the same family “feel” and family principals come across with how we handle the business and how we handle situations.
Apply for this role
At Custom Heat we stick to what we do best, delivering a first class job and service that gives customers peace of mind every time.
Why work for Custom Heat?
After 12 months of continuous service you would benefit from the following.
Apply for this role
- Private Axa health care for you AND your family including pre existing health conditions.
- A guarantee of an apprentice full time (if you want an apprentice)
- Flexi-time for people needing to work different hours to cater for home life.
- Job referral, if you refer another gas engineer we will pay you £500 to £1000 depending on what job they do.
- Guaranteed development and training program so its clear you can see all the training and development goals for the following 12 months.
- As a minimum we hold annual pay reviews but will change wages to suit the the individual person’s growth and commitment.
- Any kit you need to carry the work out. We have no restriction on kit and carrying the right tools to do the job.