Gas Engineers Required
Custom Heat ltd is a family business and we have been trading for nearly 40 years from our office based in Rugby.
We are looking for both an Installation engineer and Service/Breakdown engineers.
Service & Breakdown Engineers.
- We are looking for someone who is able to service and repair heating & hot water systems to a high standard, also part of the job involves small plumbing jobs.
- The work involves calling out to private domestic customers to service or repair their gas appliances.
- No Council or contract work.
- You will need to be able to work well on your own and under pressure.
- You must be Gas Safe registered with Oftec and Lpg desirable but not essential.
- You must have experience in the service procedures for most condensing & non condensing boilers including gas fires and back boilers.
- You must have experience in fault finding on old and new boilers and systems.
- You must have an excellent understanding of the Gas Safe In Use Regulations and the correct procedures to follow.
- We are looking for someone who is able to fit boilers, central heating systems and hot water systems to a very high standard.
- You will be working mainly on your own with the help of an apprentice and sometimes in a fitting team, work load depending.
- Having the ability to problem solve issues and work independently is essential.
- You must have high levels of customer service and a meticulous attention to detail in the finish of your work.
- You will need experience in open vent systems as well as pressurised systems along with experience in system design and best working practices.
- You will need experience in wiring heating controls and boilers.
- Working week is 40 hours, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.
- We are very supportive and proactive in training. If there are qualifications you need (such as oftec or G3) we would support you in getting these qualifications. We also attend many industry courses throughout the year including courses such as Asbestos awareness and first aid.
- You must be a reliable timekeeper and have a proven history of low sickness absence. We have to arrive on site just before 8am.
- Overtime and weekends are an option.
- We will supply a sign written van with all the main power tools and equipment, iPhone for work communications, fuel card and uniform.
- Holidays are 28 days per year including bank holidays.
- The work for this role will mainly be based within a 30 mile radius of Rugby to include Coventry, Nuneaton, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford upon Avon and Northamptonshire.
- You must have a NVQ or have been on a recognised apprentice route and you must have a minimum of 5 years independent experience before applying for either role.
- We have a mobile manager who offers assistance on every job, giving you support when you need it.
- You must be able to provide up to 2 previous employer references for which we will be looking for an attendance & sickness record.
- A full DBS check will be carried out and we do not employ anyone with previous criminal convictions.
- A driving licence check will also be carried out where we will only accept a maximum of 6 driving penalty points on your licence.
- It is essential that you, your kit and van are clean, tidy and presentable at all times
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience but as a guide we are offering : £32,000.00 to £36,000.00 /year. If you feel your experience and qualifications are worth more we would still like to hear from you so please get in touch.
To Apply please email your CV to [email protected] or call 01788 568752
Please do not get in touch if you are a employment agency.